Utilized to deliver digital content over the internet, F4V is a Flash Video container file format. Delivering harmonized video and audio format, F4V is a popular and highly used video format. However, sometimes, F4Vfiles get corrupt while processing, resulting in unusual playing of the video or total rejection by the system.
Reasons for Corrupt F4V Video Files
There could be many reasons for F4V video file corruption, but a few of them are:
- Invalid File Extension: When a file extension is missing or damaged, the video file tends to not be able to play.
- Virus Attack: Virus attack can damage various elements of the file including its extension.
- Inappropriate Insertion and Ejection Process: When a neophyte deals with the files, unprofessional insertion and ejection process of the file can lead to damage.
- Physically Damaged Media: Some careless handling or unforeseen accidents can result in physically damaged media.
- Corrupt Header File: While compressing and extracting the RAR file on the computer, header file can get corrupt.
Ways to Repair Corrupt F4V Video File
A few tried and tested methods are mentioned below, which could be useful to repair corrupt video:
Method 1: Convert into different format
Sometimes the F4V video file cannot be played because of the video player opposing the particular format. You can go online and convert the F4V file into another format and then try playing your video.
Method 2: Install Codec Pack
The feature responsible for encoding and decoding of the video for better transmission is called Codec. Sometimes these codecs get corrupted. This could be resolved by installing K-Lite Codec Pack.
Method 3: Use Video Repair Software
You can use an effective Video Repair Software such as Stellar Repair to repair your video files. It not only repairs F4V file format but also supports more than 17+ video formats including MP4, MOV, AVI, MKV and more. You just need to:
- Download and run the software.
- Click on ‘Add File.’
- Click ‘Repair’ on the bottom right.
- Preview and click ‘Save Repaired Files’.
Tips to Prevent Further Damage
Corruption of a file is an unforeseen phenomenon, but you can still take some precautions to not get into too much trouble:
- As it is always mentioned, keep a second copy of the file as a backup.
- While extracting a video file, always keep more than one formats so that the formats supported by the video player and the format of the video won’t clash.
- Always save your unfinished as well as finished work in the original software so that you can extract a new copy whenever needed.
In case your video files get corrupted, the best option is to use a video repair software such as Stellar Repair for Video. It is a powerful video repair tool that can repair corrupt, broken or unplayable videos. The software is available in 1-month, 1-year and 2-year subscription options to suit the varied requirements. Above all, the software comes with a 30-day money back guarantee, in case you’re not satisfied with the results. When you purchase the software, you get an in-lab service coupon free. This coupon can be redeemed, if you opt for Stellar’s in-lab services for your data recovery needs.