Video material as a format of digital information is becoming more and more popular each day. Everyone watches videos daily, on Instagram, Youtube, TikTok, and other popular social networks. Creating videos is an interesting process, and if you are serious enough, it can even be profitable.
That being said, you need to keep in mind that it is also not easy as it looks. The first thing you need to have is a good video editing software program. Choosing the right one is not an easy task, and that’s why you are here today.
Just for that, we made a list of our top 9 best free video editing software programs for 2021. We hope that you will find the one that you need. Without further ado, let us jump right into the list.
InVideo is the world’s most loved online video editor that is available as both a free and paid version. It brings in the simplicity of online editors straight to your browser! InVideo is currently used in over 150 countries, with over 100k customers strong. And they also have handpicked pre-made templates readily available, making video editing easier and faster than ever before!
InVideo is intuitive, flexible, and user-friendly and is efficient for all to use, starting from marketeers, entrepreneurs to someone who would use it for their personal use only.
- 3500+ handcrafted pre-made templates which include a social media calendar too.
- 8M+ iStock Media Library and 1M+ Premium Media Library from Shutterstock and Storyblock.
- Video rendering in premium high quality – 1080P.
- Option to remove video backgrounds, automated text to speech, and the ability to create videos in multi-language.
- 24*7 customer support and help.
- The ability to add unlimited team members to an account.
The first video editor on our list is Lightworks. This is a great program that includes a simple and intuitive interface with a tiny learning curve. This video editor also has a collection of detailed video tutorials that will help you if you run into a problem.
The amazing thing about Lightworks is that it provides its users with licensed stock video and music clips. So you can do more than just edit your, you can spruce it up a little bit.
- High-quality, simple trim functions are used for fast and precise video editing.
- Speed optimization, so you can continue to edit while importing new content.
- Multi-cam editing to sync video from multiple cameras.
- Real-time team project sharing for full control over which user has editing access.
- Easily share all the material you edit on Youtube, Facebook, Instagram, Video, and other popular social networks.
- Available on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
VideoPad is a simple to use and intuitive video editor capable of creating quality videos. In this program, you will find every feature needed for quality editing. You can use special effects, overlays, texts, color adjustment, sound effects, and other great tools.
- A double built-in screen, one to preview selected clips and the other to preview complete sequences.
- Pre-made customizable transitions.
- Easy Export of all the materials to social media sites like Facebook, Youtube, etc.
4. DaVinci Resolve
DaVinci Resolve is an amazing video editor for advanced editors. It combines professional 8k editing, visual effects, color correction, and audio post-production in a single video editor. Even professional editors use this tool, including people that work in films, commercials, and television shows.
This video editor also allows both offline and online editing. It has high-performance playback engines that save time when editing and trimming.
- Dual time for quick navigation, cutting, and trimming.
- A dedicated trim interface that gives you the ability to edit in last-minute details.
- Intelligent auto-editing that can be used to sync audio and visual clips.
- Built-in tools for picture-in-picture effects, stabilization, retiming, text, audio, dynamic zoom, etc.
- Facial recognition that detects faces and creates bins based on the people in every shot.
- High-quality motion estimation speed changes and frame rate conversion to speed up or slow down clips.
- Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
OpenShot is an easy-to-use, free video editor that is mostly used by intermediate editors. It has an amazing interface with a minimal learning curve. You may need more time to learn how to use some of the more complex tools, but it pays off because, with this tool, you can create video masterpieces.
The interface is also intuitive and has a minimalistic design that’s great for simple editing.
- Basic video editing tools like resizing, scaling, snapping, rotation, frame stepping, time mapping, audio editing, etc.
- Unlimited layers for watermarks, background videos, and audio tracks.
- Amazing customizable title-card templates.
- Drag-and-drop functionality, which means you can easily add all sorts of files like video, audio, and images.
- Digital video effects like adjusting brightness, gamma, gue, grayscale, and even chroma key compositing for green-screen effects.
- The ability to create animated videos with a powerful key-frame animation tool.
6. Movie Maker 10
The next program on our list is Movie Maker 10. It’s a convenient video editing software for Windows. It’s really handy for quick edits and short video clips that you need right away, but it can also be used for more complex video-editing projects. This program is used by over five million users, and we think that says a lot about its quality.
- The ability to make movies from video clips and photos.
- Options like rotate, trim and join videos.
- The option to add and edit background music.
- Comes with built-in music tracks and the ability to import them from your own library.
- Supports all the popular media formats like mp4, Wmv, MOV, avi, MPEG, mts, jpg, gif, mp3, etc.
- The option to overlay text captions, emoticon, and sound clips over video clips.
- A lot of transition effects like fade, ripple, wave, pixelate, etc.
7. HitFilm Express
HitFilm Express is an amazing, slightly advanced video editor that can be used to produce Hollywood-style videos. Learning how to use it is a bit hard, but it really pays off because this video editor has every tool you could want. So, if you’re not there just yet, you can start with those you know how to use and work your way up.
- Professional-grade video editing tools, including motion tracking, cropping tools, color pickers, auto-stabilizer, etc.
- The ability to add an unlimited number of video and audio files on the timeline track.
- Various transition options, like zoom, push, and dissolve.
- Animation tools that let you create and edit audio and video transitions without creating composite shots.
Shotcut is a cross-platform and open-source video editor with a large number of tutorial videos. It supports a wide range of formats including, 4k, ProRes, FFmpeg, etc. Aside from amazing video editing tools, it also has extensive audio editing options.
With those, you can easily adjust bass and treble, adjust gain, add dynamic compression, and much more.
- The option to trim, cut, copy and paste video material.
- A drag-and-drop option, keyframes for filter parameters, clip reversing, speed effects, video filters, 360-degree video filters, etc.
- The eyedropper tool to pick neutral colors for white balancing and auto-rotate options.
9. VSDC Free Video Editor
The last entry on our list is VSDC Free Video Editor. This is a simple video editor useful for all levels of video-editing skills, from beginner to professional.
- Color-correction tools for a professional look.
- A large number of transitional effects.
- Image filters and mask tools for hiding, blurring, or highlighting specific elements.
- The ability to directly share your videos on sites like Facebook, Youtube, Instagram, Twitter, Vimeo, etc.
That concludes our list of best free video editors. We hope one of these is just what you were looking for. Aside from these picks, we also recommend two paid video editors. Even though they do cost money, remember they cost money for a good reason.
The first one we’d like to recommend is Tyle. Tyle has amazing editing tools and is easy to use. You can also access over three million free stock resources if you decide to get it. The second paid program we recommend is Aicoosoft Video Converter. It has all important tools for converting, editing, compressing, and other video-editing jobs.
Best of luck!